Zach's Place has been an absolute blessing in our lives. It has allowed Ian to have safe and fun social interactions with his peers while contributing to the overall strength and well-being of our family. Read more...
Zach’s Place at the Laurie Hillyard Family Center is ONE of ONLY TWO licensed daycare providers in the state and currently the only one in the Pikes Peak region with the focus and training to provide both respite and daycare for children with intellectual, physical and emotional disabilities.
The Capital Campaign is tasked with raising funds to purchase the current facility to ensure efficient, financial responsibility and future assurances that the program will always have a suitable permanent home.
In 2012 and 2013, families seeking respite care were often turned away for lack of space. In 2014, the Special Kids Special Families Board and staff made the decision to seek a new respite care facility to meet these growing needs, one that would provide:
- Increased physical space to accommodate the growing requests for service;
- A therapeutic environment for children with sensory issues;
- Space for specialized indoor and outdoor play;
- Confidential meeting space for families and other professionals; and
- Additional space to accommodate a preschool population.